Monday, August 9, 2010

Echino love with cloud leopards



Last fall I bought myself a yard of this fabulous Echino print from Pink Panda. I love the look on the sitting leopard's face; it is so perfectly "cat". Of course I didn't have a plan for the yard, just a hankering. Now, about 10 months later, it is my turn for the Quilter Bee ladies to sew my blocks, and the dreamy leopard print can feature in a quilt for our bed. I found the perfect natural linen, some pretty grey floral and just daring enough purple dot to complement the cats. What could be more satisfying?

This is my preliminary sketch: 15 blocks and no sashing except for the border.



I'm going to ask for the bee ladies to texturize the linen by making pin-tucks, a little bit like the pleating in this sample from another online bee.



I can't wait to see what everyone does when they get my fabric!

No comments:

Post a Comment